While we all love to receive cards during the holidays, to be given one that has been handmade is all the more meaningful. It shows that the one who gave them to us really thought about us.
In this tutorial, we will show you how to create unique, handmade holiday cards from our Jaganatha and Shyam Incense covers.
You will not only give a meaningful and attractive card, you will also protect our environment by upcycling incense covers, which are made with 100% recycled cardboard.
All you need for this project is: scissors, glue 1 Shyam Incense cover and 1 Jaganatha Incense cover.
In this project we will use only the designs known as “mehendi” that decorate the top, bottom and sides of the covers.
Creating the snowflake:
3. Take the green parts and glue them in pairs this way:
Making the card, frame and greeting:
1. Take a white piece of cardstock and cut a 22.5 cm x 17.5 cm piece.
2. Fold the piece into to create a vertical folding card.
3. Cut the mehendi design from the sides of Jaganatha Incense covers like this:
4. Glue the mehendi cut-outs along the sides of the folded card as a border:
5. Cut the mehendi design from the side and corners of both the front and back of the Shyam Incense cover, and paste it like this:
6. Now glue the star where you would like it:
This can be your final card, but if you like, you can also add a greeting.
1. Type your greeting in the font of your choice and print it on a piece of white cardstock. Alternatively you can write it with a good quality pen. Cut it into 3” x 1” piece.
3. Paste the greeting on the card:
We are wishing you a beautiful holiday and a happy, creative and fragrant New Year!