The anahata chakra is the energetic center located at the heart. Balanced function of this chakra brings security in relationships, sensitivity, sympathy, confidence and love towards oneself and others, kindness, helpfulness, health, balance, energy, optimism, enthusiasm, warmth, internal peace and harmony. When this center interacts harmoniously with the other energetic centers, we are transformed into a welcoming center of reconciliation uniting people around us, radiating amiability, and bestowing a natural joy and warmth that is capable of opening the hearts of those around us.
The following is a powerful exercise for opening the anahata chakra:
- Light Prabhuji’s Gifts’ anahata chakra stick or resin incense.
- Sit in a cross-legged position such aspadmasana, siddhasana or sukhasana. Relax the body while keeping the back straight. Breathewith deep inhalations and exhalions.
- Open your eyes and direct your attention to the center of the chest. Perceive that your breathing is expanding the area of the anahata chakrawith each inhalation and contracting it with each exhalation.
- Develop consciousness of your respiration in the zone of the anahata.With each inhalation, see that the breath is circulating from the center of the thorax cavity and from there to the anahata chakra. When you exhale, perceive how the air flows from the energetic center and passes through the thorax center, to be expelled from the body.
- With each inhalation and exhalation, mentally repeat the manta “Yam.”