- Hold a piece of Palo Santo wood slightly upside down and light the tip until there is a small flame.
- After 1 minute, blow it out so only smoke is produced.
- Place it embers-down on an angle in a fireproof bowl so that the embers will get enough air to continue to burn and gently blow on the embers when needed. It may need to be re-lit several times, depending on how long you want it to burn.
- Place the bowl in a safe place, away from children, pets and any flammable items. Alternatively, you can “smudge” by carefully carrying the bowl to the different parts of your home or space, ensuring that the Palo Santo smoke reaches every nook and cranny, where it will purify the space and attract positive energy. Enjoy the resin-like aroma and spiritual properties!
- Each stick can be reused several times until the stick disappears.
Note: Some prefer to keep small rocks in a fireproof bowl and then put the embers into the rock bed in order to put it out when finished.